Save Ivan Cantu
Your urgent action is needed!
Texas plans to execute Ivan Cantu on February 28, 2024
Ivan Cantu was convicted of killing his cousin, James Mosqueda, and Mosqueda’s fiancée, Amy Kitchen, in 2001. Ivan has always maintained his innocence.
New evidence has been uncovered in the past few years that suggests Ivan has been telling the truth all along.
Based on this new information, 2 jurors have signed declarations that they do not want to see Ivan executed before this evidence is reviewed by the courts.
There is so much wrong with the case against Ivan
- False testimony by the State’s star witnesses.
- Evidence withheld by prosecution.
- Key witnesses later recanted or their testimony discredited.
- His defense team at trial failed to put on a case.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR IVAN!
In April, 2023, a judge canceled Ivan’s scheduled execution when the defense filed an appeal about false testimony and new evidence.
In August, 2023, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals turned down Ivan’s appeal. He is now scheduled to die on February 28, 2024.
The time to act to save Ivan Cantu is now!
Learn more about Ivan's case
Evidence continues to mount showing that the case against Ivan was deeply flawed from the start.
On the Learn More section of this website you’ll find:
- a quick summary of all the key case issues;
- links to an in-depth podcast series by independent investigator, Matt Duff;
- links to court documents and articles.